Sunday, May 17, 2015

Regrooving

regrooving
   verb ~ to reestablish ones mojo, moxy, way of being assertive

Yes, I made that up. Yes, it still counts as a word 'cause I wrote it down and said it several times in my head. :D
Regrooving is finding a way to get your feet back under you when so much about your life has changed and will not be going back to "normal" anytime soon. While restarts can be frightening, regrooving is exciting more than scary. A reinvention of ones self when times and circumstances change and there are few familiar land marks to see you through can be scary when you fight it. When you go along for the ride and enjoy the changes it is actually exhilarating.
 I'm forty-three, my hubby can't work anymore, my youngest is twelve, my oldest nineteen, I have full-time care of my disabled brother, we are, necessarily, cut off from most of our family, and I haven't worked in twenty years. I could choose to be dead scared, go to bed and not get up for days, pout and whine and be incredibly selfish. Honestly, for just a few moments I let myself do all those things, I let myself be scared, worried, angry, resentful but that's done now. Now I get up, put on my big girl pants and be amazing. I let you know just what that amazing looks like as it happens.

Lyric

No comments:

Post a Comment